Pork, Sage and Cranberry Oaty Stuffing Balls
Serves 12|Takes 10 minutes Prep 25 minutes Cook
· 70g Flahavan’s Irish Organic Porridge Oats
· 24 sage leaves
· 1 tbsp olive oil
· 1 celery stick, finely chopped
· Zest of 1 orange
· 1 red onion, finely chopped
· 60g pine nuts
· 400g sausage meat
· 50g dried cranberries
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/Gas mark 4.
2. Finely chop half the sage. Add a little olive oil to a frying pan along with the finely chopped sage, Flahavan’s Irish Organic Porridge oats, celery, orange zest, red onion and pine nuts, and sauté until soft.
3. Allow to cool, then add the sausage meat and cranberries, mixing to combine.
4. Shape the mixture into 12 evenly-sized balls and place on a baking tray lined with parchment.
5. Lightly coat the remaining sage leaves in olive oil, then top each stuffing ball with a sage leaf. Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven when golden brown, and enjoy.