Cauliflower & Oat Pizza
Sounds like an unlikely combination? Try it to believe how well this works as a great pizza base!
Serves 1 pizza|Takes 30-40 mins
- 200g (8oz) cauliflower
- 100g (4oz) Flahavan’s Progress Oatlets
- 50g (2oz) ground almonds
- A pinch of dried oregano
- Pinch of Salt and black pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- Olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- A bunch of fresh basil
- 400g (1 tin) quality plum tomatoes
- Sea salt
- Fresh mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/ 350°F/gas mark 4.
- Blitz the cauliflower in a food processor until it has a fine, rice-like texture and put it into a mixing bowl.
- Separately blitz the oats to a flour like consistency and add to the mixing bowl.
- Then add the ground almonds, oregano, beaten egg, salt and pepper to the bowl and combine well.
- Line a pizza tray with parchment paper. Put the dough in the middle of the tray and flatten until it is about 10mm thick. Bake for 15 minutes, until just golden.
- While this is cooking make your tomato sauce as follows:
- Add the tomatoes, basil and garlic to the food processor and blitz well.
- Pour into a saucepan and simmer for approximately 15 minutes or until the sauce has thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once the pizza base is golden, remove it from the oven and turn the heat up to 200°C/ 390°F/gas mark 6. Spread the tomato sauce over the base, add the mozzarella and your toppings of choice. Allow to cook for a further 8 – 10 mins until toppings are cooked.
Top Tip: If the base mixture is too sticky to roll, cover it with a separate piece of parchment paper and then flattened with a rolling pin.