Blueberry Oat Muffins
Utterly delicious and really easy to whip up at the weekend for yummy treats through the week!
Serves 12 muffins|Takes 1 hour
- 100g (4oz) Flahavan’s Progress Oatlets (plus extra for topping)
- 50g (2oz) Flahavan’s Oat Bran
- 150g (6oz) self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 75g (3oz) brown sugar
- 100g (4oz) pitted dates, finely chopped
- 1 beaten egg
- 250g (10oz) Natural yogurt
- 100g (4oz) melted butter
- 125g (5oz) Blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/ Gas mark 4).
- Place the oats, oat bran, flour, bicarbonate of soda, sugar and dates into a large bowl and mix well.
- Then add the egg, yogurt and cooled melted butter to the bowl, stir gently to combine and fold in the blueberries.
- Grease a muffin tin or line it with muffin cases and divide the mixture between the cases.
- Sprinkle oats on top of each muffin and bake for approximately 40 minutes or until risen and golden brown.
Serve warm or cold.